Thursday, March 10, 2016

More Letters from a Nut (Review)

More Letters from a Nut #2

By: Ted L. Nancy
Publisher: Bantam
Release Date: April 13th, 1998
Genre: Humor/Nonfiction

My Review: (4.5/5 stars*)

I picked this up on a whim from a used book shop and I knew it was going to be a winner. I'm not really the kind of person to just purchase a random novel without knowing a stitch about it, but I had this gut feeling that I could not let this one go. As a lover of fictitious reading this nonfiction made me have hope for future acquisitions within this genre that I typically steer clear from.

Okay, personal noting aside More Letters from a Nut is this fantastic collection of letters written by a guy with some serious issues and perhaps even grudges against companies. It's absolutely, ridiculously, and most importantly one of the single most entertaining books I've discovered in awhile. I was so enamored with the lunacy of its content that I binged on this for three days.

Whoever Ted L. Nancy is, (which his identity was disclosed nationally by Jerry Seinfeld) he is a comedic genius with a twisted sense of humor. Naturally, I approve. He has written major corporations from hotels, celebrities, book publishers, cruise lines, to the government itself with demented stories and requests in hopes of eliciting a worthy response. The greatest thing about this is reading the companies replies back. One letter is written to Penguin Publishing House about Nancy pitching a novel idea about his real-life encounter with aliens and how they did weird things to him and he liked it and that he has photographic proof that they also tickled him, which—ironically enough—he did not enjoy.

Any reader who is stuck in a reading hiatus (such has been myself lately) will plow through this one with glee. It's super funny, thoroughly enjoyable, incredulous, and it may even make you blush. Don't even pause to scoop this one up, this book is for every adult whose capable of reading and it'll have you painfully laughing into the late hours of the nightof this I am guilty. This is the second book in an assemblage of letters and does not need to be read in order as each individual page is their own standalone correspondence. I have already ordered the rest of Ted L. Nancy's books and can't wait till they arrive! 

INFO/PURCHASE LINKS: GOODREADS | AMAZON | B&N




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...